Polar PDU Cabinet Access Control provides an easy-to-use and economical networked electronic lock solution for data center cabinets. Integration with Polar Power Distribution Unites (PDUs) removes the need to power and network the locks separately. Use a single network connection to deliver power, environmental monitoring, and access control.
All PDUs with auxiliary ports (manufactured after March 2017) support Cabinet Access Control. This allows Polar PDUs to provide a networked locking solution for cabinets. Users can remotely control and monitor cabinet access and keep a log for security requirements. One network connection can support up to 16 cabinets or 32 locks.
- Electronic swing handle with integrated sensors for lock and latch status, monitoring and alarm functions
- Power for lock operation delivered through Polar PDU
- Remote unlock capability
- User-configurable unlock time delay
- High-security lock with mechanical key override
- Reader recognizes existing employee 125kHz or 13.56 MHz RFID cards
- Bi-color LED (blue/magenta) to indicate lock and handle status
- Event logging for auditing purposes, regulatory compliance
- Integration with LDAP and Radius for added security
- High temperature rating supports use in hot aisle environments
- Must be used with Polar PDUs that have auxiliary 1 and 2 ports (PDUs manufactured after March 2017)
For more information view the Polar PDU Cabinet Access Control Tech Sheet.
Polar Power Distribution Units (PDUs) provide the ultimate solution for combining cabinet level power management, environmental monitoring, and cabinet access control in multi-tenant and enterprise data centers. With innovative features such as Secure Link IP consolidation and integrated Cabinet Access Control, Polar PDUs offer the quickest and lowest cost deployment among all intelligent rack PDU solutions in the industry. With high ambient temperature ratings, locking outlets, models that support up to 100 Amps, and a high number of C13 and C19 outlets, Polar PDUs are the ideal solution for any high-density environment.
Check the blog over the next few weeks for more information on our Polar PDUs.