This game changing roof system ensures that the containment roof obstruction is fully removed electronically when a smoke detector is alarmed. Additional benefits include the ability to wirelessly open the roof for maintenance above the containment, modular design allowing for increase or decrease of size, ease of deployment, and the sleek look of the roof is easy on the eyes. This is the ultimate containment roof system.
Polar Cap Retractable Roof Available Fall of 2014!
The patented Subzero Engineering Polar Cap is the first fully NFPA compliant containment roof system that attaches to the top of the racks and forms a ceiling that prevents hot and cold air from mixing.
Most data center containment systems rely on the heat generated from a fire related incident to release the containment system, as it can pose an obstacle to the fire suppression agent. The NFPA has determined that it is important to have a faster response time and more importantly, a testable system.
The updated Subzero Polar Cap retractable roof system is now a fully electric roof system that retracts into a metal housing when the fire suppression system is alarmed. Having a pre-action system that reacts to a smoke detector will ensure that the containment roof is fully retracted long before the fire suppression system is discharged. Additionally, the roof material is made with the highest fire resistant standard of ASTM E-84 Class A rating.
The Polar Cap can also be opened and closed when maintenance is required above the containment space.
The new roof system is fully customizable in both length (up to 30’) and width (up to 5’). The aluminum profile is less than 6” high and thus it presents no problem with obstructions above the cabinets.
At Subzero Engineering we are always looking for new ways to improve our products, by making them more energy efficient, NFPA compliant, and adding more standard features. This year is no exception!
We have been working hard taking our world class products and ma king them even better. Here are a few of the changes we are making for 2014.
• New Polar Cap Retractable Roof – The first fully NFPA compliant containment roof system
• New Arctic Enclosure Sizes Available – Two new 48U cabinets available
• Power Management – We now offer a full line of Raritan power products
• New Elite Series Doors – All of our doors have a sleek new design & come with extra features, standard
• New Panel Options – 3MM Acrylic, 4MM Polycarbonate, 3MM FM4910
Click here to learn more.
We are proud to announce the launch of our new website. Working with a local creative firm Red Olive, we underwent a little branding revision and kicked everything up a notch. Check out the site and give us your feedback. If you think we should add a feature, let us know. Please also connect up with us on our Facebook and Twitter pages for continuous updates on new products and services.
Some great new features of our site are:
- Our products are categorized into Containment and Airflow Management.
- There’s a new page on our Data Center Infrastructure Management (DCIM) service.
- A new Support page with our product specification and installation manuals available for download makes it easy to find the information you need.
- A Projects page with examples of past customer data center designs.
- Our Hot Aisle Containment and Cold Aisle Containment pages talk about the benefits of each.
- Our Custom Containment Manufacturer page shows off our state-of-the-art manufacturing facility.